Posted by Dana Ramos, author of the best-selling book: The Skin Regime; Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin. See below for purchasing info.
With the weather being so unpredictable recently, I still wonder if it is safe to say we are well behind winter and time to get our mindset into spring and summer? I still haven’t put away my Uggs or started spring cleaning!
Assuming it is relatively safe now, Mid-May, to start getting into spring/summer mode, I’d like to offer a few suggestions to mix in with your skin and body routines to help you feel better, fresher, and more spring-like!
1. This past winter, I discovered the beauty of probiotics: Just by adding a reputable probiotic powder to a daily glass of water, I found it easier to drop a few winter pounds, control my hunger, and regulate my digestive system. Be sure to get probiotic powders or capsules that require refrigeration—they are generally considered more potent, live cultures. To read more about the wonderful benefits of probiotics, check out this piece on AuthorityNutrition.com
2. Now is a great time to slough off winter skin with an at-home peel. If you are a beginner or have sensitive skin—do not fear!—there are mild ones that are perfect for you that you can explore on the site. If you are a regular peel-er, try a stronger peel to rev up your skin and cast off dull winter skin. If you aren’t sure which is right for you, get a FREE consultation.
3. Learn how to apply makeup correctly for your skin type and face shape, or learn some new tips from pros--FREE. Youtube has some downright fabulous makeup artists with slick videos that are as entertaining as they are informative—and I have become addicted to watching some of them. Click on the names here to check out some I really admire, such as Heidi Hamoud or Jackie Aina or Wayne Goss.
4. Time to treat your feet. Do you love being able to hide all callouses and crooked nails during the winter, and dread wearing sandals that reveal your feet? Well, it’s time to get your tootsies in shape. If you have a lot of callouses and rough skin, you might like to read about this super-peeling treatment that some folks swear by, called Baby Foot. You can read reviews on Amazon on the link and decide if this is right for you. *Another excellent way to exfoliate your feet is with a chemical peel. Opt for something stronger like a TCA 20% 1x per month. Per Platinum CEO Jennifer.
If you just need a basic overhaul, splurge on a pedicure at a local salon, or do-it-yourself. Read my former post on Best Mani-Pedi Hacks by clicking here.
5. Deal with your hair. As well as hiding our feet easily during winter, I like being able to endure bad-hair days with hats and scarves. But now that the light is getting brighter (and there are more hours of that revealing light), it’s time to get your hair back in shape. Massage goops of emu oil, shea butter or coconut oil into your scalp and hair and leave it in for an hour for a great, inexpensive way to condition your hair.
Where can I buy Dana's Book?
The Skin Regime; Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin, available as a Kindle download or Buy paperback to buy your paperback copy from Platinum Skin Care. You can also read the first chapter--FREE--by click here to read 1st chapter.
Don't forget to check out our sister website, TheSkinRegime.