As much as we don't want to admit it, we really do live in an image oriented society. Our appearance can have a direct impact on the way that others perceive us, and on our own happiness and self confidence. Debate all you want about the reasons for this, or the fairness of it all, but the reality is that the way you look matters.
As we age, it can become much more apparent that our skin is changing – and more difficult to stop those changes as they become more deeply ingrained on our faces. Finding a good anti-aging wrinkle cream could help with this, and may be exactly what you need to ensure that you look your best well into your senior years.
Anti-aging creams work in several different ways to help combat the signs of aging. In general, they work to combat a few different issues that your skin may experience including:
- Wrinkles - creases in the skin.
- Sagging - loose, thin skin.
- Discolorations - spotting, melasma, liver spots.
- Texture related issues - thick, rough skin.
- Karatoses - growths on the skin.
The majority of wrinkle creams on the market at the moment focus on only moisturizing the skin. Temporarily plumping lines is not going to give you long lasting, deeply ingrained results though. In general they only work a bit better than not applying a cream at all. Apply a pure virgin, olive oil, and you will have accomplished the same feat as most of the drug store brands.
That is not what you are interested in today though. Average creams. You are looking for an alternative to bland and boring hydration. Find out what you should be looking for in your daily serums and creams if you want your skin to glow below.
We encourage our customers to begin as young as they possibly can to help prevent damages to the skin that will lead to wrinkles and pigmentation. A preventative measure is always better than relying on a curative one. So, if you are in your 20's these suggestions are as much for you as they are your mother, and even your grandmother!
The anti-aging market is large, and there are many different antiaging wrinkle creams, serums and treatments available for purchase. As a result, knowing a few key tips to getting the best one for your money is important.
Follow these tips to pick the proper antiaging cream for your needs:
- Know your issues - If you are not dealing with dark circles then you don't need a cream for that. If you only have lines around your eye area, then concentrate on that. Search for products that are created for your issues specifically. That is the easiest way to end up with a product that will benefit your skin. If you know your issues, but the product choice overwhelms you, then call the business for help. Any reputable company will have a customer service team to help you choose the products that will work best for you.
- Investigate Ingredients - Really take some time and research what is in your potential favorite creams and serums. Ingredients can make that product work amazingly, or not work at all. "google" the INCI name that you find in the ingredients deck. It will look something like this: Glycerine, Water, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate. That is the name for the ingredient Syn-Ake *(ours is a 50% formulation), which is a very powerful injection alternative.
- Make sure there is a high quantity of active ingredients - A tiny dab of a neuropeptide will not help to smooth those "11's". A single percent of a botox(tm) alternative will not make marionette lines smooth for you. Check the labels and make sure the BIG BANG ingredients are at the middle to top of the ingredient Deck. *That is your list on the side/back/box of your product. They are listed from greatest to least.
- Choose wisely - Important things to look for when you are targeting antiaging are retinol, peptides, neuropeptides, stem cells, essential extracts, vitamins, hydroxy acids, and more. These ingredients can make long-lasting positive changes in your skin and it's health. These need to be applied every single day. Most peptides need to be applied 2x daily, so you will have a similar morning and evening regimen.
- Look to see what each ingredient does - Does the site give an accurate description of what the ingredients are supposed to do? Ingredient A does this and ingredient B does that. Do they have proof the ingredients have been tested and shown to perform? If you are looking at a tiny little "cookie cutter" fifteen word description that "our antiaging cream is the best", I would keep searching. Look for some detailed product descriptions, pictures, charts and graphs are great. Anything to teach you about the ingredients that have been chosen for that product and why.
- Start with nature - There are many powerful natural ingredients you should 100% absolutely be using every single day! Vitamins and antioxidants are the most common. Think Vitamins A, B, C and then plant based antioxidants such as grape seed and pomegranate and watermelon!
- Exfoliation - One of the most important ingredients to improve the condition of aging skin is an acid. Acids can be used in many ways. Think of a weekly "lunchtime peel" such as a Glycolic 50% peel. At home chemical peels are done in a series of 6-8 treatments. If you do a weekly peel you will be looking at an entirely new, smoother and more even-toned complexion in 2 months. If you are fearful of peels, take a look at acid serums and cleansers. RetinA or Retinol are also both exfoliation ingredients. Pick one or two exfoliation methods and use them faithfully.
- Check reviews - Pay attention to what others have to say about a cream. Plenty of websites review skin care products like Makeupalley. It is also very common to find reviews online written by those who have used the products in the past right on the company's website. Look into the different reviews from professional sources and customers and you'll be able to determine which one is right for you.
- Understand pricing - Some wrinkle creams can seem like they're much more expensive than others, and in some cases there's a good reason for that. Always understand though, than in many cases price is just a dollar amount chosen by a committee in a large corporation, looking to turn a huge profit, after the supermodel is paid. A product can be worth every penny, or it could just be worth pennies! Compare the reviews and the ingredients location on the deck to determine which ones have the best overall value. Paying a little more for a much better cream could be well worth doing.
It's important that you understand something about any antiaging wrinkle cream. There is no magic bullet that can instantly reverse the signs of aging. Any cream you purchase will take time to work properly. It took years to get where it is, so give it some time to fade back. If your lines are very deep, and you are contemplating surgery, topicals might not be enough for you.
Do other things to enhance your results like staying well hydrated, sleeping properly, and avoiding smoking or drinking. Don't give up on a particular cream just because it doesn't seem to be working after a week. Give it time, use it as directed on the packaging, and you should start to see results before you know it.